DNO focused primarily on three major markets:

Hong Kong

One of the most interesting markets for brands looking to enter Asia, with a mix that creates a unique environment for commercial trade: 7.5 million residents from various nationalities, a center for business and tourism, and a gateway to mainland China.

With no import duties on cosmetics, toiletry and skincare products, and no registration requirement on cosmetic products, Hong Kong offers an important launch pad for marketing cosmetics and skincare products into the mainland Chinese market.

In the food & supplement category, 95% of Hong Kong’s food requirements are supplied by imports, and there are no taxes or duty in anything but liquor, tobacco, hydrocarbon oil, and methyl alcohol. Hong Kong also serves as a trading hub to China and other parts of Asia in this category.

  • 7.5 million residents
  • 60 million tourists per year
  • 80% of tourism originates in mainland China
  • USD 6.35 billion value of imports in 2018
  • USD 2.7 billion personal care & cosmetic product import market in 2018
  • 2-3% projected growth rate in value of imported products for 2019/2020


With a population of 1.38 billion people, a cosmeceutical and cosmetics industry valued at of USD 6.5 billion, roughly 2.5% of the global market, and an annual growth rate of 13-18%, higher than in the US or Europe, India is a literally the land of opportunities for beauty brands.

India has the world’s 6th largest food market, with 31% of general consumption accounted to food. Food counts for 66% of the overall retail market in India, with an estimated value of $770 billion by 2020 end; gourmet foods are approximately $1.1 billion, with a CAGR of 20%. Imported food constitutes 15 -20% of the total organized retail space with a year-on-year growth rate 30-40% in the last five years.

The food supplements segment is also experiencing growth as a result of change in dietary habits and awareness to preventative nutrition.

  • 1.35 Billion residents
  • Cosmetic market size ~ 20 Billion USD.
  • Overall the market is moving towards premiumization, with the premium segment growing at 6.3%, as compared to 1.1% for mass market.
  • Shift towards mental and physical well-being through use of natural, organic, anti-fatigue, antipollution, anti-ageing products.
  • Increased adoption of men’s grooming products.
  • Higher spending on holistic bridal solutions such as year-long skin care regimes.


Although Israel is a relatively small market in terms of its population, Israelis much like other western consumers are enamored of their beauty regimen, and spend a nice share of their disposable income on products and treatments.

Israel’s almost year-round warm climate also impacts the consumption of skincare products. Israel’s cosmetics products market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.21% 2020 – 2025. Online sales account for just 10% of all sales of cosmetics and personal care products, but this segment is growing rapidly as a result of COVID 19 restrictions.

  • Revenue in the Personal Care segment is projected to reach US$491m in 2020.
  • Revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2020-2024) of 14.3%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$838m by 2024.
  • User penetration will be 16.5% in 2020 and is expected to hit 25.1% by 2024.
  • The average revenue per user (ARPU) is expected to amount to US$344.42


Extensive points-of-sale network